Saturday, December 20, 2008

There's snow in them thar' hills!

It's snowing like crazy in OR .. and I'm glad I'm in CA!! I've been sent pictures and heard the wailing via phone .. those CA transplants are having a time of it. I'm hopeful that it will be all done by the time I get home. Wishful thinking?? One item for concern is that the airports will be open on Dec. 27. I say this only because my roommate, Carol, had to drive home because her flight was cancelled! She was supposed to fly out at 6:15 tonight and had to change her plans. It dawned on me earlier that I could possibly have the same scenario going home. Ok. Right now .. while you're reading this, cross your fingers!

I have a lot to catch up on and I think for that reason I keep putting off doing an update but I just have to share this with you. You've maybe heard me say from time to time that Cal is crazy. This is proof. For years, whenever we grab fast food -- and it doesn't matter where we get it -- he ALWAYS buys enough for 3 or 4 people when it's just the two of us. He has a prodigious appetite anyway, but he "needs" to buy enough--just in case. I don't know what it's in case of, but he's done this as long as I've known him.

Anyway, tonight we decided to get Arby's. I asked for a beef 'n cheddar sandwich (my favorite) and 2 potato cakes. Okay, I know they're not good for me. But they're small, right? And they put only 2 small cakes in a box and I really want 3. So I get two orders so I can have 3 cakes. Makes sense? Well, he comes home and tells me he thinks the people at Arby's might think he's strange or crazy (if I'd been there I could have confirmed this). He ordered 2 sandwiches, one for each of us, and SIX orders of potato cakes. Now normally that would be 12 small potato cakes. But NOPE! They asked if he wanted the "large" order and being Cal, he said to himself, why not? The large order is THREE potato cakes and each one is twice the size of the little ones. We had SIX boxes with THREE HUMONGOUS potato cakes in each box. I laughed so hard I thought I'd cry. I'm still giggling. If we lived in China, none of the kids would be starving.

More tomorrow.

No comments: