Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's raining, it's snowing. . .

The news last night said we'd have snow today so I expected to wake up to a winter wonderland this morning. Nope! At 5:30 it was clear and dry. By the time I left for work at 6:45 it was still clear, but started to rain .. just a very light sprinkle. Halfway to work it became more of a drizzle and by the time I hit the parking lot there were pretty big drops. Enough that I pulled up the hood of my jacket. Once I got inside the building the snow started. I've been taking short video clips all morning.

Right now we have huge silver-dollar size clumps falling. Looks like a cloud is disintegrating. You can tell who's from California because we're all excited about the snow (except maybe for those who lived through the blizzard of '08) while the people from Oregon are more jaded.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon and wash it all away .. and I hope that's what happens! Better that than rain that turns to ice. Yikes!

No comments: