Saturday, May 3, 2008

Day 1, and the adventure begins

Monday, April 14, 2008

This is going to be my journal, I'm just sharing it with half the world. Most of you are getting this as a blind copy -- and aren't you glad!
The family came over Sunday night and we went out to dinner (Casa Orozco). I fully intended to treat everyone but they turned the tables on me! At the house Stacey told me I need to check my email because Ellie and Colin sent me something. On my way to my computer I was telling them how someone at work gave me a gift certificate for SouthWest airlines and wasn't that a cool idea ... guess what Ellie and Colin sent me? A gift certificate for Alaska airlines!! LOL
I was up late (midnight) packing and still trying to somewhat organize my chaos, but managed to get up at 4:00 am to jump in the shower and get ready by 5:00. Cal decided to drop me off at the airport on his way to work. Okay .. it's not on his WAY to work, but he was willing to take the time to drop me there and then scoot on to work.
We actually got on the road in plenty of time, but it was still dark out. Cal was so busy looking for Terminal 2 he realized at the last minute that he had to cross over 2 or 3 lanes to get to the curb. He stopped abruptly and parked sort of catty-wampus. He asked me to set up his GPS while he got my suitcase out of the back. I was messing with that and then hopped out to get my laptop case out of the back seat before security came to tell him to move on. The minute I stepped inside the terminal I realized I'd left my purse in the car.

YEP! My boarding pass, my MONEY, my I.D., my credit cards, my snacks, my iPod (and I'd just downloaded 7 new books!!), my cell phone, EVERYTHING I needed ... on it's way back to Livermore.

I must have looked really stricken because a security guard asked if she could help and I told her my dilemma. Have a flight to catch and no ID, no boarding pass, NOTHING. She had me write Cal's cell phone number down and she went in back and called him. I knew he wouldn't answer because although he keeps it in the truck, he seldom turns it on. He claims it was on ... but I only know what she told me.
I don't think Yahoo will let me write much more so I'm going to finish this in Word, and maybe I'll send it as an attachment. Now that I've got you all hooked on the story, I'll say TTFN!

No comments: