Friday, May 2, 2008

Journey 2, the Saga Continues

Monday, April 21, 2008

Well, despite some nasty rumors to the contrary, it appears I *CAN* get on an airplane and get off again with boarding passes, purse and all other accoutrements intact. Two different airplanes, as a matter of fact.

Let me just say THANK GOD FOR GPS! I would NEVER have found Olathe without my Magellan. In fact, I doubt I'd have found the Austin airport without it. So far I like KS better than TX. Austin Service Point is in a semi-industrial area and as I said , everything is kind of dusty and unappealing.

There's a lot of GREEN here, the highways are wider, there is less traffic and where I'm located in Olathe looks relatively new. LOTS of shopping all around me. I stopped by the super Target to pick up some tea, cereal and milk. One could get lost in that store. It even has a Starbucks inside so I used one of my several Starbucks cards to get a Chai tea latte. Yum. The best part is that Farmers is just on the other side of the freeway, about five minutes away. How cool is that!

I will say that this hotel room isn't as nice as the other one. That one was huge compared to this one. In Austin I had a queen bed with a sofa bed and a kitchenette (2 burner electric range, microwave, 12 cup coffee pot, dishwasher, full size 'frig) and here I have a king bed with a 4 cup coffee pot, a tiny microwave and a mini frig. The closet is about 1/2 the size. I feel cramped in here!

The other drawback is that it's VERY humid. I just love hot and humid. NOT. My hair is already reacting. It's drawing up into tight waves. Not really curls, but waves that one can't do a thing with. Hawaii humidity makes my hair like straw ... here it's like kewpie doll curly.

I had to buy another suitcase (because I was 2.5 pounds over) and now I'm carting around two laptops! I put my personal laptop case inside the new suitcase along with some miscellaneous stuff in the various pockets. So now I get to pull my big suitcase and tie my work computer bag to the 2nd suitcase and roll it all while slinging a heavy purse over my shoulder and chewing gum, patting the top of my head and rubbing my tummy.

Hey, check out the cool radio in this room! It has a button labeled "Country" and when you push it you get country music. How cool is that! Yes, there are other buttons, but who cares? Okay, I'm going to try out the Oldies button.

I'm obviously rambling so I need to unpack and unwind. They serve breakfast here too so I'm making out like a bandit. Let's just hope this group isn't as food obsessed. I bought some baby carrots and broccoli florettes to take to work tomorrow. Maybe that will help. Shoot. I forgot to buy bottled water at Target. Tomorrow. Maybe.

That's it for now. Just wanted you all to know I made it safe and sound with nary a mishap along the way. You all behave yourselves and I'll be in touch.

No comments: