Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Day of Rest

A day of rest, and it's not even Sunday! This is the first day in weeks I've had a chance to just do nothing and I'm loving every minute of it.

I did empty 4 boxes this morning. I had cleaned the kitchen yesterday before Carlos came over for lunch but I still need to organize some things. I also need to run some errands which requires shopping and I'm not a shopaholic even though it may sound like it. I really don't like going to the store. One store a week and I'm good. I've done more shopping this week than I've done in the past 3 months. I think that's why I like shopping online so much. No need to venture out and wear out the feet. : )

I noticed this morning that we both started out with 54 degree temps ... I have both Dublin and Hillsboro weather on my desktop. Now at 1:30 Dublin is a sunny 73 degrees and Hillsboro is an overcast 59 degrees. BUT I've been here 7 days and it hasn't rained yet. Several days were bright and sunny and even on the overcast days there are periods of blue sky. It did start to sprinkle yesterday for about 10 seconds but that was it. If it has been raining it has been at night when I don't see or hear it.

I'm going to see if I can post some pictures. Tami took photos with her camera on Sunday, when I arrived. Let's see how this goes.




This is a picture of Heaven, Tami's daughter, and Heather outside my front door while they were waiting for me to arrive.


I was running about an hour behind when I'd told them I would arrive so they had to fill in their time. Part of that fill-in time was going to P.F. Chang's for dinner! without me!




I really wanted to show you a shot of my welcome banner. The story I got is they didn't have enough time to print it out or they forgot to print it out -- whatever. The end result is they wrote it out on Heaven's hand! She displayed it just as I was getting out of the car. Pretty clever, don't you think? Every time I post it the picture disappears. It shows up on my preview, but not the published post. I'll try to put it in tomorrow.





A shot of me crossing the threshold from the garage into the entrance hall. Yes, the picture is small but I'm not giving you anything closer. I have no hair, no makeup and I'm looking extremely worn out and exhausted. This gives you a general idea and that's all you need.



We're eating at Rosies cafe. I'm enjoying a French dip sandwich (one of my favorites) and the others are having dessert. Why? Oh, yes ... because they'd already eaten dinner. I told the girls that I'm feeling very proud of myself having lost 26 pounds .. when I get dressed my clothes are more loose and I can feel the difference in other ways. But when I see pictures like this! YIKES I still have a long way to go. A real balloon popper.


A shot of Heather and me. Why, yes, she does look rested! Huh.

Okay, that's it for this posting. I'm still unpacking and looking for connection cords. I do have some photos on my camera to share with you. I found my external hard drive and have that hooked up so I can upload all my photos to that. YAY Eventually I'll have Carlos help me with Photoshop so I can do things right.

I also found a cool program that came with my computer that's called Muvees (or something like that). Anyway it's a movie creation program put out by HP so I'll be playing with that in the future. Maybe I'll become a movie director like Eric and Stacey! (but not as good)

I guess I'll drag myself out to the stores and buy some more necessities, like a toaster and towels and such. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Take care until next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey you, check your email :)

Your necklace is on the way being shipped by the jewelry designer. Now you must pop a check in the mail.