Thursday, May 8, 2008

Settling in?

What a day, what a day! Carlos and I got to work at 8:00 and the only ones there were the two Avaya installers who were still putting phones on the desks. No construction crew that I could see. We had a 9:00 conference call with the telephony team and that went well. 90% of what they were talking about flew right over my head. I asked Carlos what a few things meant and he didn't know either, so that made me feel better.

Carlos had to pick up his apartment key this morning and I had several errands to run so after our conference call, we left. We have no badges with key cards, nor door keys so without the constructions guys there we have no way to get back in. Adrian told us to check with the IT manager but she said she didn't have any extra keys. Adrian said he'd call her and get that taken care of.

In keeping with the little dark cloud that seems to be following me (at least it's a little one) my mattress has to be returned because it's leaking. I had hoped it was a one-shot thing and I just needed to pump it up some more but nope! I wake up 2 or 3 times during the night sinking into the mattress which causes my neck to bend at an uncomfortable angle because the pillows are now too high.

Since I had the morning free, I called Aero and they told me to return the bed to Costco, so I did. Naturally, the store doesn't carry the bed in stock so I would have to order it online. A delay of 7-10 days. Can I sleep on the floor that long without going crazy? I gassed up the car while I was at Costco and then ran home to get my grocery list and decided to order the bed while I was there. Costco online doesn't have the bed!! They only have the twin, single layer and I want the double layer so I don't feel like I'm falling on the floor when I get into bed.

I went down the street to Winco to buy groceries. Warehouse-type store (think Pak-n-Save) that's really big and unfamiliar. Took 3 times longer than it needed to but I have to start cooking dinner instead of eating out or eating just snack food, cereal and grapefruit. The shopping center where Winco is located also has a Joe's camping store. I went in there to look for a blow up bed and all they had was a Coleman that's a double-height. They don't come with a pump so I had to buy a pump too. When I got it home, it takes 10 hours to charge up the pump because it's a rechargeable battery!! That means at least one night on the floor. Darn it.

Decided to run to Target to get some kitchen utensils so I can make a real dinner tomorrow (tonight I heated up an orange chicken and rice dish that I bought at Winco). I got some measuring cups and spoons and some cutting mats, then decided to look in the camping section for a bed. They have the queen Aero mattress that's double-high but it's more expensive than the Costco one. I bought it anyway. Better to have a bed than to wait who knows how long for one to come in and then wait another week or more to have it delivered. Tomorrow I'll return the pump and Coleman bed to Joe's.

When I left Target I drove through the back of the shopping center and found a Michaels (!!), Best Buy, and Linen n' Things. Then coming up the street to go home I saw across the street a Barnes and Noble! Life is good. There is so much shopping in such a short area that I won't lack for anything. Except money.

I'm really worn out after lugging all those groceries and purchases into the house and up the stairs. I can't wait to crawl into my new bed ... once I get it made. I have a lot of reorganizing to do this weekend but tomorrow night I'm going to dinner and a movie with Heather and Tami. Then I HAVE to get the rest of my stuff unpacked, the clothes in my closet organized, and all the stuff that's sitting on top of my bathroom sink put away. If only I had somewhere to put it.

Heaven only knows how I'm going to organize my craft stuff. I'm already dreading the possibility of moving away from here and that won't come up for at least a year. LOL

I hope you're behaving yourselves and think of me often because I certainly think of each one of you every day.

Adios for now ...

No comments: